Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day in Essaouria

So the best and really only thing unique about Essaouria is the beach. There are some neat art galleries and watersports but the town can really be tackled in a day trip or a weekend.
On Sunday I spent the day at the beach strolling around and enjoying the sunshine. Considering the culture clothing restrictions on women, going to a beach in Morocco is a different experience. Of course there were plenty of tourists sunbathing being on my own I even felt a little awkward wearing a tank top. The local women seemed to wear their normal clothes and just relax and enjoy the beautiful day. The men played soccer on the beach and swam in the water. The only females I saw in the water were tourists.
I experienced another beautiful sunset and plotted my early return to Marrakech.















No comments:

Post a Comment