Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hello again Marrakech

On Monday morning I tried my luck at getting an early bus back to Marrakech. There is only so much water and sunset watching one person can handle.
I felt as if my luck was changing when I was able to get on the bus 2 days early. The person at the counter just told a male passenger that the bus was sold out until 6 pm. However a different person told me to talk to the bus driver about an extra seat. This type of event seems pretty much par for the course in Morocco. Prices magically inflate, you are charged for "free" information or directions. It was nice for the scales to tip in my favor this time!
I often compare the main square in Marrakech to Times Square in New York. If you are going to be traveling alone might as well be with tons of strangers and plenty of things to look at. It could also be a factor of living in North Carolina, I've been craving a little craziness and mayhem!
I spent Tuesday exploring the artists market and the "new town" which was very westernized. Feeling a bit homesick it was great to be around so many familiar material things!
Continuing on with my slice of home experience I had dinner at Pizza Hut and wandered around the square for a bit. If there was a Starbucks you can bet that I would have been there too! It's been almost 5 weeks without more than a few splashes of coffee. I can't wait to order a vente Blonde Roast when I get home. Or maybe in Paris...for the free wi-fi of course!










No comments:

Post a Comment