It only seems fair that a Great Things in Morocco list should follow up my American List.
- Non litigious society. From the fire show to no fences at the 100 meter waterfall. Moroccans just aren't overly concerned about being sued so you get to experience things that would never fly in the USA.
- Food. I will admit I'm a little burnt out on tangine and couscous but if you are going to have it Morocco is the place to do it. Dining out is also relatively inexpensive an expensive meal is one that costs more than 10 dollars.
- Mint Tea. Delicious tea with fresh mint leaves. It's a sign of hospitality and generally very well sweetened!
- Cheap travel. A 4 hour train ride from Rabat to Marrakech costs only $23 dollars. The 2.5 hour bus ride only cost $10 dollars.
- Medinas. As much as I love my malls I will miss the medinas. It's part of the experience to stroll around see live chickens next to their not so fortunate friends. Spices, leather goods and rugs they have a little bit of everything.
- Non Westernized Culture (For Now). I think in 10 years time Morocco will be a completely different place to visit. For now there is a mix of western and Moroccan culture. However it seems the younger generation wants more access to the global society. Blame the Internet but it often seems like its impossible to escape what is familiar but right now in Morocco it seems like there is a balance of old and new.
- Milka bars. Sure it's a German chocolate but its good enough to earn a honorable mention in the Best of Morocco list!
- My mini turtle friends at the medina. Who are probably being converted into soup right now!
- My fellow volunteers! I feel like I've met some amazing people on this adventure and thanks to modern technology I hope to keep up with many of them!









No comments:
Post a Comment