Monday, April 8, 2013

Paris My New Favorite City

Perhaps Paris is my new favorite city because I never seem to have enough time with it. The city of love has surely left me wanting more! Only downside is they speak French!
I set my alarm bright and early on Friday and headed out to Norte Dame Cathedral. I arrived to find some man doing ninja moves on the bleachers in front of the cathedral. I figured he had a pretty good advantage point for a photo so I decided to share his view. Of course he asked me to take his photo once, twice and a third time. I figured it was pointless to try to tell him I couldn't actually fit the ENTIRE church into his photo. I was like "Dude buy a postcard!". However, it's people like him that keep life interesting!
Once inside the church there was actually a small service going on so I quietly enjoyed the interior architecture. Then hightailed back to the hotel to check out and begin my voyage home. I feel like I did a lot with less than 24 hours in the city, but definitely didn't even scratch the surface of all the cool things to do and museums to see.




I've heard a couple people consider going into Paris on a 5 hour layover and ultimately decide against it. Well I have to say those people saved themselves a lot of heart ache and stress. It took me 3 hours from the time I landed to get to my hotel by the Louvre museum. Customs alone took over an hour, baggage and a 40 minute train ride into the city. I was deeply regretting the pottery I bought in Morocco when I had to haul it all over the city! Most of the train stations have only stairs, I never saw a elevator but did ride a couple escalators. So I would say pack lightly on your way to Paris if you take the train! Last time I was in Paris I ended up taking a taxi to the airport which cost about $70 dollars and was very stressful because of all the traffic. Either way, the train is the way to go for 9.50 Euros.
So I begin my 10 hour flight back to NC.
Once I got back to NC I fell ill to some sort of travel bug. Thankfully there was no welcome home party that I jokingly said I wanted! I ended up falling asleep at 12am, and proceeding to sleep for about 30 hours. I don't think that's ever happened to me before. I am a fan of sleep but that was crazy! Thankfully on Sunday I rejoined the waking world and started making my future travel plans. Next on the list is Washington DC twice in April and New York City and Miami in May.
Guess I better get cracking on those 2,000 photos I took over the last month!

No comments:

Post a Comment